Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Here's a thread dedicated to my Nano Moss Scape...;)

Tank: Standard 2.5 Gallon Tank. I removed to Rim to sort of give it that expensive ADA look.
Lighting: I'm running a CAD standard output fixture with four 10,000K 6w bulbs
CO2: I'm using a DIY system for this tank using one 2L bottle. It produces around 2 BPS.
Substrate: The top layer is ADA Aquasoil Amazonia II Powder while the bottom layer is normal sized Amazonia
Filtration: The tank is running off an Azoo Mini Palm Filter, it runs at 16 GPH.
Heating: None
Flora: Christmas Moss, Pogostemon Helferi, Suberwassertang
Fauna: 12 Golden Crystal Shrimp, 1 Red Sakura Shrimp, and 1 Amano Shrimp
Aquascaping: The tank has two pieces of driftwood, both covered in Christmas Moss. Behind/On the sides of both pieces there is Pogostemon Helferi. Originally I was using Glosso as a foreground but it was not growing well because of the low light and was replaced by Catappa leaves. The shrimp love to graze on these and they also help to buffer the water.

I'm having trouble uploading pictures but I will do so when i figure the problem out...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I figured it out...So here we go:

Here is the first step... I covered the wood with moss using fishing line and placed them into the tank.

This is how I filled up the tank using plastic wrap. The Glosso/Pogo was planted prior to this

Here is the tank right after it was filled

5/9/10 - Day 1

5/16/10 - Week 1

Sakura Shrimp - The first shrimp introduced to the tank

Amano Shrimp - Introduced alongside the Sakura

5/23/10 - Week 2

The Golden Crystal Shrimp were introduced during Week 2. They are doing very well.

5/30/10 - Week 3

Well thats all for now... The moss has been growing very steadily and is now looking more like it should with nice Christmas Tree Shaped fonds. I will try to update this thread as much as possible. If you have any questions/critiques feel free to ask.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sorry it's been a while... I was in Central America for a little and just busy too. The tank is doing very well and all of the GCS are adults now. One female is pregnant and I'm sure more will be in the future :D. The tank was way overgrown when I returned which is why it has that "just trimmed" look now... Hopefully it will grow back nicely ;). Anyways, here are some pics...

Full Tank Shot

Pregnant GCS

All the Moss I trimmed... Cheap Christmas Moss anyone?

Moss on branch... freshly trimmed

Subberwassertang

I think this tank needs a nice low, bushy plant in the back right where the flame moss is. Got any thoughts or suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts