Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Beautiful aquarium and very healthy. This scape is one of the best 'western' zen rock scapes I have seen. I think a little bit more aging of this scape would do it well -- let the hairgrass intermingle more with the glosso. A few more green neons wouldn't hurt to have a really nice school. :)

Welcome to APC!

Carlos

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm certainly no zen expert, but I think the 'classic' rock formation is three - A pair with one leaning on the other, and then a single rock some distance away. With an empty space in between. I always see it as a sexual metaphor [smilie=w: but it probably has other significance as well.

TW

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Great tank... Very healthy and crystal clear. I love a simple tank with just two plant species, some rocks & a school of Tetras. It's very calming :wink:

·
Registered
133 Posts
TWood said:
I'm certainly no zen expert, but I think the 'classic' rock formation is three - A pair with one leaning on the other, and then a single rock some distance away.
TW
The three rocks would be the "classic" that most of us Westerners think in a Zen type scape but typically its just odd numbered groups, 3,5,7 etc. Sometimes I have seen layouts where the groups of say for example three rock groups may be composed of three rocks in each group.

We would all be better off to let creative ideas reign and use the "rules" as guidelines. :D

I also agree with Carlos that an intermingling of the hairgrass and glosso would improve the look of the tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for the comments :D :!:

I never been so lucky with hair grass as well.....but this time :D i think it is all about the Eco-Complete great staff.Plants are growing like crazy,i will let then mix up more....
My set up:
Tank- 50x25x30=37,5 L
19.6x9.8x11.8=9.9 G

Filtration-Mini Penguin

Co2-Diy

Light-2x compacts 25 w and 6400k

Substrate-Eco-complete

best regards
&
happy 2005

1 - 13 of 13 Posts