Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
my neglected garden

Hi this is my 72gal tank. its been a pain trying to get it to grow but when i leave it alone it comes out like this.

tank specs: 4x54watt T5s 12000k, internal canister filter, pressurized CO2 at 15-20ppm, Dry NPK dosing and flourish

is the growth i'm getting due to my lights? comments are welcome.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Beautiful tree, Gerald. This is after neglect. Wonder how it would look if you actually put some care into it. :cool:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I like what you did with the driftwood. Im so jealous how people can just neglect something and have it turn out so nice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did you attach it? Did the roots actually take hold on the wood?
the top center area of the driftwood had many 1-2cm pock marks or holes i inserted each stem thee and tied them down with cotton thread. the HM started growing initially horrizontal before putting out vertical shoots. the roots do attach but they will give easily if pulled. horizontal growth when long enough was looped around the branches. the first weeks the growth was an ugly mess untill they started to grow side shoots and it only happened when i started to neglect trimming them. Hahaha.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beautiful tree, Gerald. This is after neglect. Wonder how it would look if you actually put some care into it. :cool:
I think my plants are telling me that I shouldnt bother them too much:D and let them grow out a bit before i do trimming. hahaha.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
You know? I have the same problem with not neglecting my tanks enough. :) If I can make myself not continually tinker with placement and other stuff everything does well. If I can't, well, I end up buying a lot of new plants.

Your tank looks great! Once the tree's foliage fills in and you get it trimmed this is going to be a killer 'scape.

Regards,
Phil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts