Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been into fish keeping for about a year and a half now. I started with a 20 gal a friend gave me and soon wanted to upgrade. For Christmas my wife got me a new tank and I consolidated my 10 and 20 gal's to make this one. I need lights, but other than that I love the tank. It was amazing to see the fish. They went from sitting in one area in the smaller tanks to playing and swimming all over the place. My wife just walked by and said, "thats an awesome tank." It needs to grow out but let me know what you think. Suggestions for improvement are welcomed.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
That looks great! And your plants look extremely healthy and well-grown. Are you going to put anything in the middle?
I think it'd look cool with a thick planting of a single species in the middle (something short-ish) . But that's only my opinion.

You obviously know how to grow your plants. ;)

-Dave

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of keeping the black substrate open and filling in the rest. I have hair grass that I want to have fill in the two sides. I like having an area open for the fish to swim although I am not to sure I like the open back. Maybe I will narrow it down towards the back and bring the taller in back there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess it's time for an update. I have named my tank Peace of Heaven. New this week is a Tek T5HO light and GLA Co2 system. I also bought some new plants. The tank need some more work but I love it. All the colors in the fish just jumped out with the new plants.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
wow i love the cardinals in there. the tank is looking great. i would almost make the lily the center piece

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a beautiful piece of wood for the center piece but I need to figure out how to attach it to a piece of slate.

Thanks for the comment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts