Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My second and third attempts at planted tanks, the shrimp tank is 2 months old and the slate tank is a week old (created with other plants/clippings)

Shrimp tank
2 x 18 watt compact flourescents
In tank wet/dry sump

Flora:
Java fern
egeria
hornwort
bacopa australis
hygro difformis

Fauna:
Red cherry shrimp
random snails, many of which end up as shrimp food

Slate Tank

Flora:
Oriental Sword
??? Sword
Green Wenti Crypt
Hornwort
Watersprite
Hygro Polysperma
Egeria

Fauna:
Dragon Goby
Two African Leaf fish

Enjoy and please comment and tell me how bad I am at scaping so I can get better!! Any ideas welcome!!

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes on the filter

That's why I got them....once they get big enough, I have an excuse to get another tank! :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
The tanks look good. I was wondering though, how do you like that filter? I was thinking of getting one.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm liking the filter in the shrimp tank. It comes with a carbon bag and a bag of nano bio-balls. Above those two sections is a plastic separator, atop of which filter floss sits. The combination of these provides enough circulation for the shrimp without being too much flow. But I think that in a tank with fish, though, that this filter might not get enough circulation to keep the water clean enough. I say that because I need to change the carbon weekly or bi-weekly to make sure the water quality is good enough, even with weekly water changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.