Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a pic of my super-sized CO2 reactor/re-circulating bio-filter all-in-one unit. It's on a 58g Oceanic open-top with a 45g sump and two 250w 10K Giessmann Nova IIs. Yes, I did write 250w. 8)

Yes, I am nuts. :badgrin:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah. Planning to build my own reactor too, but not too grand as yours. It'll be nice if you could do a little summary explaining how you made it, or some diagrams showing us the whole works. How is it doing in your tank? Any improvements? Any dramatic changes? What was your reactor/diffuser before this one?

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I put it together a year ago for my reef tank. It is built like a tank for the long-term. You will need a good router to power throught the cast acrylic. The rest is easy.

I'll look for some pics of the work if you are interested.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i've tried to do one but i can't find the right materials.

The valvule on the top is for messuring the pressure?
The pump is conectet to a time switcher?

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup, but not sure I can share them. They were from the MACO Acrylics class and they may be copyrighted. I need to check.

I can walk you though making it if you are interested.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Art_Giacosa said:
Yup, but not sure I can share them. They were from the MACO Acrylics class and they may be copyrighted. I need to check.

I can walk you though making it if you are interested.
Did you ever find out about them? :wink:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Looks(is?) just like a Kalk reactor, so if folks want to build one, be my guest:)
A canister filter and a CO2 reactor in line will do the same for a planted tank.

What happened to the reef tank Art?

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, it's a kick-*** calcium reactor.

The materials on its build are copyrighted. I would be happy to walk you through the building process if you like.

Alas, after multiple crashes while I was away on business (my wife pleads innocence), I decided to take the reef tank down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts