Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm Norbert from Poland and this is my first post so....Hello :D. My English is terrible but i try.....so be patient :lol: .

This is my 25l tank (40x25x25cm) 25th day after start
Filteration: AC mini with Ehfilav
Lighting: 36W (compacts)
Fertilizer: Planta Gainer Classic, PGP Ferro+, KNO3, K2HPO4, MgSO4
Plants: R.indica, Hemianthus micranthemoides, Eleocharis acicularis, Vesicularia dubyana.

This is my 180l tank (100x40x45cm)
Filteration: Eheim 2215
Lighting: 4x30W fluorescent
Fertilizer: Planta Gainer Classic, PGP Ferro+, KNO3, K2HPO4, MgSO4

February 2004 with only 2x30W :wink:

May 2004 23day after restart

July 2004. There is a lot work to do :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Welcome to the boards Norbert. Your tanks look good!

My favorite is the May version. I love seeing the Anubias coming out under the wood. The July version, as you say, needs pruning.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Beautiful, healthy planted aquariums! I especially like the 25L aquascape. It has the potential to be great. :)

Welcome to APC!

Carlos

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for comments :D
tsunami said:
I especially like the 25L aquascape. It has the potential to be great. :)
Yes....but there is a big problem...algea :( . Small aquascape with 2W/l is a BIG challenge for me. At this momment I'm loosing....but i will fighting :twisted:

There is another problem in 180l aquarium :( ....BIG BLACK HOLE between Blyxa and Eleocharis on photo (enought light when i shoot photo)

ps. sorry for my english :oops:

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Great tanks and welcome :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update

After full(except Didiplis diandra) hardcore trimming....
Any suggestions about this four peaces of wood on the center-right?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I think your tank is progressing beautifully! The neatly trimmed java moss and the Ludwigia sp Cuba behind that are very eye catching. Plants just need to grow out a little taller --the layout does look a bit immature.

As for the driftwood, I don't think it adds much to the layout. The pieces are too short and underwhelming.

Carlos

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi guys :D ...time for update

Plants:

Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata (Cuba)
Vesicularia dubyana ("java")
Vesicularia sp. "erect"
Vesicularia sp. "taiwan"
Glossostigma elatinoides
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Didiplis diandra
Rotala sp. "Green"

Hemianthus on the right is after trimming so he don't look very well :?
I hope you're like it :oops:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Norbert , the tank's evolution is beautifull. It's becoming more natural with each photo. You did great pice of work.
Gratuluje i oby tak dalej.
Best regards, Maciek.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I have to say the lastest version is very nice, but I like the May version the best. I like how it also shows not just the progression of a maturing tank, but the evolution of the hobbyist's likes in terms of plants/aquascape, etc.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Your aquarium has been maturing very nicely, Norbert. The coloration intensity of the Rotala and Ludwigia is impressive. Are you planning to place a taller plant behind the Ludwigia 'Cuba' or are you trying to retain a very open atmosphere?

Carlos

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for comments.

My english grammar is terrible so don't laugh.... :lol:

Piscesgirl said:
but the evolution of the hobbyist's likes in terms of plants/aquascape, etc.
That's correct :D . In May i love full green aquascape but in June i decided put some red/orange plants. Now I like tanks with few species but in big plants groups.
In Poland Ludwigia spec "Cuba" is very rare(?) plant so I was very happy when i get this plant. I can only dream about plants like: Ludwigia spec "Pantanal", elatine triandra, Tonina spec..... I have big luck because I have some rare(in Poland) species like "Taiwan" and "Erect" moss.

tsunami said:
The coloration intensity of the Rotala and Ludwigia is impressive.
You mean Didiplis diandra? :wink: Rotala is in left corner, behind this small rock with moss.

Are you planning to place a taller plant behind the Ludwigia 'Cuba' or are you trying to retain a very open atmosphere?
There's no place for plants behind "Cuba". It's only 100x40x45 tank....if I have 100x50x45 :wink: maybe then.... My wood with moss is wery wide.
I think the plants are enough tall, I like open spaces. Only Rotala spec. "Green" and hemianthus on the right (and center) must grown a bit.

ps. I'm sick of Ludwiga spec. "Cuba"...this plant grown 13-15cm weekly.... it's too much for me :p

Some of my favorite shrimps :wink:

"Rocket"

and "Tiger" in my low-tech 25l tank "ShrimpFactory"

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

The plant in this photo is Didiplis diandra? I have never seen D. diandra with such broad leaves and such intense red coloration before.

There's no place for plants behind "Cuba". It's only 100x40x45 tank....if I have 100x50x45
Are you sure? There's not enough space to plant something tall to cover up the equipment in the upper left? ;)

How is the smaller tank doing, by the way?

Carlos

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tsunami said:
The plant in this photo is Didiplis diandra? I have never seen D. diandra with such broad leaves and such intense red coloration before.
Yes. This is Didiplis diandra. In my tank he has pink/orange color when he is very close to surface. Maybe NPK and Fe is also reason but i don't know what NO3/PO4/Fe level is in my tank (I guess : 5/0.5/0.3ppm :lol: )

Are you sure? There's not enough space to plant something tall to cover up the equipment in the upper left? ;)
Aaaaaa :lol: I was thinking that you want plant something behind Cuba :wink: . IMO the equipment isn't so bad ....it wasn't picture for contest so i don't removed this stuff :) . Rotala will be about 8-10cm taller so he cover (a little) equipment in left corner.

How is the smaller tank doing, by the way?
Well....
I terminated 25l nano 1.5 month ago (too much work and big algae problem) and made small Tanga with Ocellatus "gold"....but i wasn't satisfy. Few days ago i terminate tanga and made tank for shrimps. I think this will be a low-tech tank (no CO2, only 8-10W light) with few peaces of wood, anubias nana, moss and lot of shrimps. Now there is about 18shrimps (two "Tiger" shrimps with eggs \:D/ ...so i pray for babies [-o< ). I called this tank "The ShrimpFactory" :) . I'm a shrimp freak :badgrin:

ps. sorry for my weak english ](*,)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi :)

My Low-tech "ShrimpFactory"

Dimension: 40 x 25 x 25cm
Filtration: Hagen AquaClear Mini
Lighting: 2 x 5W Philips compact bulbs
Substrate: MHK Floran
Co2: Nil
Fertilisation: Nil
Parameters: not measured
Water change: 20%per week
Plants: Taiwan, Singapore, Java moss on driftwood
Animals:....hmm about 60-80 shrimps :D (tiger, cherry, green) maybe more :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Norbert, this one is really great. I can't wait to see how the moss grows.

Norbercie super to wygląda a jak mech urosnie będzie jeszcze bardziej super :D
Pozdrawiam.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
The branches look wild and woolly, Norbert. Perhaps some trimming is in order to get some denser, tighter growth around the branches.

The shrimp tank is just a bit too symmetrical for my taste, but it looks healthy and vibrant. Keep us updated. :)

Carlos

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tsunami said:
Perhaps some trimming is in order to get some denser, tighter growth around the branches.
LOL. It's after trimming :D . Tank is 2 month old. I don't want trim moss too much because i don't want kill any shrimp (some shrimps have only 1/8" :) )

The shrimp tank is just a bit too symmetrical for my taste, but it looks healthy and vibrant. Keep us updated. :)
Yes. It's too symmetrical...but i don't care :lol: . I just wanna show this tank on APC :wink: . This is not aquascape for eye pleasure, I made it only for shrimps pleasure. I'm a really shrimpoholic :biggrin: . This month i will be setup another two tanks only for shrimps.

Anyway...thanks for comment Carlos :wink:

ps. All your shrimps belongs to us :lol:
And of course: sorry for my bad english #-o

1 - 20 of 23 Posts