Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Some people said that M.scabratum is the correct name for it, I think some of you are familiar with the species growing in your country, would you please tell me what it is?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
This plant does not seem to be M. elatinoides, because the leaf structure seems quite different from that plant. Actually, it does look a lot like M. hippuroides to me.

Carlos

·
Registered
852 Posts
The correct name for M. elatinoides has recently been changed to M. quitense. What is typically known in the hobby as M. elatinoides, however, is in actuality the male plants of M. aquaticum.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

What about this one in the center of the photo? We have recognized it as M.hippuroides for many years as well as many aquarists from Japan. Meanwhile we recognize the one on the left side as M.matogrossense, while it is identified by your website (as well as Tropical 's database) asM. Tuberculatum, Are they indicating the same one?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
biker,

The red variant of M. mattogrossense is now being called M. tuberculatum. The green variety is still called M. mattogrossense. The change was made several years ago, and all of the newer texts recognize this change.

Carlos

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am afraid that there are a lot of aquarists both in Japan and Taiwan who don't know the updated news you mentioned. Thanks for your correction! I will tell my friends in Taiwan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts