Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I give up. I've been trying for two weeks to ID these Corys with no luck. A friend bought a pair of these for me at an LFS a few hours away, so I can't really go back to ask them. He told me what they were before he bought them, but we both promptly forgot ;). So anyway, any input at all is appreciated.

Sorry about the quality of the pics. These little guys are extremely active and won't hold still for more than a second.

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No they've got about 4 vertical bars on their caudal fin. They're definitely not Pandas.

Actually the people at PlanetCatfish were able to ID them for me earlier. They are C. oiapoquensis. Now does anyone know how to tell C. oiapoquensis and C. condiscipulus apart from each other? After doing some research they are from the same habitat and even school together and at least to me, they look identical.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
These sympatric species that shoal together are usually a long-nosed and a short-nosed species. Yours in the photo look short-nosed but I wasn't sure from your pics so gave you both links. If they are short-nosed they are Corydoras oiapoqensis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts