Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nano Cubes and UV Sterilizers (and a bit about Snake Oil)

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that we bought a truck load of JBJ Nano Cubes on Friday. They will be here soon and will be ready for shipping in the next 10 to 14 days. It's been a couple years since we carried them but due to popular demand they're back and at prices that are going to make this an affordable system for you.

We have also started carrying Coralife Turbo Twist UV Sterilizers. These are highly recommended for those who are fighting the dreaded "Green Water" algae blooms.

Talk to you soon.

PS...Why pay for bubble counter fluid when water is almost free? Is it really that hard to fill up the 1 oz bubble counter half way when it does eventually evaporate off a bit of water? Maybe the fact that you only have to do this top off once or twice a year puts some people off, I don't know. What I do know is that we are not going to pick your pocket and recommend you buy something you don't need. (Even if some people don't like that.)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add that we now have chillers available now too. They are coming on the same truck as the nano cubes.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prices are going to raise on the Nano Cubes on Monday. Get them while they are still at a fantastic price.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Do you know what the specs are for the new 6g jbj nano cube? Thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts
I see that the ad is for a 6g mini reef biotype, but you also have for selection a 6g FW! does the 6g FW include a different CF bulb? Also, in the replacement parts for the JBJ stuff, they only have a 50/50 CF bulb replacement! If there are 2 different 6g I'm likely to purchase the FW, since it'll make a good planted tank! Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jbj also makes an 18 watt 10000K freshwater bulb that we will change out in the nano cube fixture at no additional cost to you.

·
Registered
567 Posts
So when I'm ready to purchase I just click for the 6g FW version right! Would I also have to purchase extra light bulbs for the fixture from you guys?Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you choose the FW version you don't have to buy anything else as it will come with the freshwater bulbs. If you want some spare bulbs give us a call and we can work something out. Better hurry though, tomorrow morning we are being forced to raise our pricing on all the cubes and stands.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
JBJ only makes a 10000K in the 18w size.

I think 10000K are perfectly fine to use. I've got around 300 10000K bulbs over 8000 gallons of tanks here in the warehouse and have had great success with them.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Just was wondering, when you will be getting your shipment in, and when was the company going to be shipping them out? Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm afraid I don't have all the details yet. I'm traveling the Midwest this week and probably won't get back to the warehouse until Friday night or Monday morning. You might call the sales office at 1-605-368-2600 and see if they have any details. I think, and don't quote me as all know source, that the shipment was en route as of today.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I could just get a strait answer from the manufacturer on where the shipment is I'd let you know. They can't even provide a tracking number. I'll see what I can find out on Monday morning.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine too. I was actually going to do a salt tank for once. Haven't done one of those in years........

·
Registered
567 Posts
I oredered it 2 weeks ago and no news of it being shipped or in stock! Its cool as long it gets here in good condition.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This was the first and maybe last time we are doing a pre-sales on an item. The manufacturer keeps tell us that they are on the way but they have yet to show up at our warehouse.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts