Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
A no trim planted tank java fern, marimo balls, and anubia for plants. Now about the vase it would be nice if you could find a 2 gallon vase. I know wal mart have 1 1/2 gallon vase but the glass is very thin, I have had 2 gallon fish bowls split when moving them so look for some very thick glass.

· Registered
113 Posts

This is a 2 gallon betta bowl that has a java fern, java moss, anubias, a bit of hornwort, a little crypt and what I think is rotala rotundifolia. The rotala is really the only thing I ever trim. There is some red rooted floater on top that is just starting. The light I use is a desk lamp with a compact fluorescent bulb, no filter and no heater.

· Registered
113 Posts
The sooner you start the tank the more time you have to make it the way you want it to look.
Also it will give it time to cycle.
My bowl I have on my kitchen table gets about 20 to 30 minutes a day of direct sunlight in the early morning. The only time the desk lamp is on is when we need it.
Get some excel and that keeps away the algae and helps give the plants a boost of co2.
If you get a big 2 gallon bowl like mine be warned don't pick it up full I have had 2 split at the bottom, drain it to at least 1/2 before moving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.