Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my gf has decided she wants a small aquarium for her bday. its in september, but i needa start plannin it out now. im thinkin some sort of nice looking vase, not sure about the substrate, but id like it to be white. i want some plants in there but shes not gonna want to ever trim them so i was thinkin some of that lucky bamboo planted and coming up out of the water. them one betta, either purple or yellow. does this idea sound good to yall? any better ideas? o ya and the setup will only get room light and/or light from a window. thanks

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that is pretty much what i am going for except not as many plants. maybe a big bowl like that with a java fern in the back and swimming/viewing space for the fish in front.

should i just use some pea gravel or would a little bit of flourite be better to plant the java in the back?

would one rcs do well in there or will it die?

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya but a square tank is too bland for what im tryin to do.

i really wanna have a set up with bamboo comin up out of the base. the bright green of the stalk would contrast well with a white substrate imo. the a bright colored betta would go well in there.

any other choices for fish?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.