Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greg,
I have 250 ml of Seachem Flourish, but nothing for macros. (or iron?) What products do you have that would benefit my little tank, and how would I dose them:
Planted hex tank: somewhere between 1 and 1.5 gallons.
CO2 DIY 16 oz bottle, Nyberg formula
13 watt pc light
eco-complete substrate, 1 to 1.5 inches deep.
Azoo palm filter (HOB)
Flora: Gloss, frill, moss ball, java moss, anubia nana (forgive lack of latin names)
Fauna: 1 male, 2 female guppies

I just planted this tank, and have not started any ferts yet. I was guessing about 1 drop of flourish daily, but I am looking for macros and possibly iron. Recommendations?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Osteomata said:
Greg,
I have 250 ml of Seachem Flourish,
Great product!

Osteomata said:
but nothing for macros. (or iron?) What products do you have that would benefit my little tank, and how would I dose them:
Planted hex tank: somewhere between 1 and 1.5 gallons.
You're in that wonderful position where you can cost effectively use either commercial products or dry fertilizers to create your own solutions ...

Seachem makes a fantastic set of ferts for your Macro Nutrient needs, Flourish Nitrogen, Flourish Potassium, and Flourish Phosphorous ... very few local fish stores carry them, but you can order them online at Drs. Foster Smith . com ... for your size of tank, this is an excellent solution ...

However, if you would like to pursue a do-it-yourself approach using dry fertilizers, you can use Potassium Nitrate and Mono Potassium Phosphate to supply your Nitrate, Potassium, and Phoshpate needs ... both of them are available at http://www.GregWatson.com ...

There are still a few old-timers like myself that believe that you would also need additional Potassium which can be supplied through Potassium Sulfate, however, we <grin> are a rapidly shrinking breed <GRIN>!!!

There are several articles here on the APC outlining various dosing strategies, find one that you are comfortable with, and *****CONSISTENTLY***** follow that dosing routine and you will have a wonderful time with your tank!

Greg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts