Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Just wanted to remind everyone that the Norwalk Aquarium Society is having an auction on Sunday, March 6th. Details can be found on their website HERE. Auction will be located at Earthplace in Westport, CT.

I'll be there, since this one's right in my backyard. Expect offerings of Endler's, plants, shrimp, etc. from me. Maybe assassin snails if the babies grow quickly enough.

I'll be looking to pick up new shrimp, new plants, maybe some livebearers and, as always, tanks to expand the fishroom. :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
I won't be able to come to this event... So, if someone is selling/auctioning a Poecilocharax weitzmani, can someone bid for me (pretty please)? :) I'd like at least 4 (10 max)...

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't think I've ever seen one of those in person before, much less up for auction, but if they have some I can try - I have a limited quantity of cash, though, so if the price goes high there's not much I can do. :(

·
Registered
894 Posts
Cool, thanks! If there's none, my 2nd choice would be a school of microrasboras (CPD, Phoenix etc) if they are selling them for cheap!!!

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They had a few bags of chili rasboras last time... if whoever they came from brings more this time I'll be sure to bid on them (I have one lonely male chili in one of my tanks... he needs friends!)

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you can get those off aqua bid if you wont them bad enough
But that would require paying shipping, and you can't inspect the actual specimens you're buying beforehand ;) The NAS auction is like Aquabid in person which just makes it that much cooler.

You going to be at the auction?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I thought the same as well... I don't know where I found/read that it will start at 6pm or so... But thanks for the confirmation!

Maybe I can make it there in the afternoon after all (50-50), all I need is to call a few relatives to take care of my daughter for a few hours :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
But that would require paying shipping, and you can't inspect the actual specimens you're buying beforehand ;) The NAS auction is like Aquabid in person which just makes it that much cooler.

You going to be at the auction?
OH!!! god yes but if you wont something there rare you will do what you can to get them shipping and all

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
16 hrs. to go! Yay!

Whoever gets there first, save a seat for everybody else ;) as close to the front as possible :D

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
12.5hrs. w00t!
going 2 sleep now so i can wake up early to bag stuff. see y'alls 2morrow!!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
The auction was awesome! My little goodeids are doing nicely in their new home. All told I have 5 now (3 females 2 males). I can't wait for babies!

Sadly one of my purple gudgeons was crushed in the bag :( but the others are ok. I think they will need to be moved from the shrimp tank soon though I saw them viciously nipping at tiny microscopic things in the tank. With that kind of attitude I'm sure the baby cherries will be on the menu soon.

By the way... I am still waiting to be invited to a karaoke party hahaha.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts