Aquatic Plant Forum banner

NAS Auction Mar. 6th Westport, CT

4K views 29 replies 6 participants last post by  asukawashere 
#1 ·
Hey all,
Just wanted to remind everyone that the Norwalk Aquarium Society is having an auction on Sunday, March 6th. Details can be found on their website HERE. Auction will be located at Earthplace in Westport, CT.

I'll be there, since this one's right in my backyard. Expect offerings of Endler's, plants, shrimp, etc. from me. Maybe assassin snails if the babies grow quickly enough.

I'll be looking to pick up new shrimp, new plants, maybe some livebearers and, as always, tanks to expand the fishroom. :)

#13 ·
I thought the same as well... I don't know where I found/read that it will start at 6pm or so... But thanks for the confirmation!

Maybe I can make it there in the afternoon after all (50-50), all I need is to call a few relatives to take care of my daughter for a few hours :)

#19 ·
The auction was awesome! My little goodeids are doing nicely in their new home. All told I have 5 now (3 females 2 males). I can't wait for babies!

Sadly one of my purple gudgeons was crushed in the bag :( but the others are ok. I think they will need to be moved from the shrimp tank soon though I saw them viciously nipping at tiny microscopic things in the tank. With that kind of attitude I'm sure the baby cherries will be on the menu soon.

By the way... I am still waiting to be invited to a karaoke party hahaha.

#23 ·
Yeah, I kept my ears open - no such luck. Most of the available fish were cichlids and oddball livebearers. I did snag some fire ring danios and purple spotted gudgeons, though. And a bunch of cute little swordtails. They came with a pretzel jar I will probably end up using to farm shreeeemps, knowing me.

And there weren't any good small tanks! D: There was a cute little acrylic 12g bowfront, but it went for like $35 and I wasn't willing to shell out that much for a used small tank (what can I say, I'm cheap). Meh. :(

#25 ·
Apparently people are just that desperate. Makes sense, I suppose, since it's hard to get nice aquatics shipped in over the winter. This was probably just some aquatic variant of spring fever. XD

Almost makes me wish I'd brought more stuff to auction off. If cherry shrimp were going for a gazillion dollars, could you imagine what my snowballs might have fetched?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.