Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
hmmm haven't checked this year, but last year I think it was over $70. $40 would be a bargain and well worth it.

The Aquatic Gardeners Association meeting Friday is free to members (those who subscribe to their awesome magazine). Karen Randall's presentation last year was one of the best and most fun I've ever seen in many years of attending the NEC (except for maybe the time I won the tank)!

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
hmmm haven't checked this year, but last year I think it was over $70. $40 would be a bargain and well worth it.
I agree - if it was just $40 I'd have coughed up the dough and gone to a lecture or two. As-is I don't have $70 to spare... especially since I've already ordered that much in shrimp to be picked up at the convention LOL.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
btw if any of you need styrofoam boxes, I am bringing about a dozen for people to use. Just ask Janine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Since no one's mentioned it for a while, was the carpooling idea dropped? It's a looong way from Bridgeport to Cromwell. Can't say I won't be jealous of all you guys that live away from the coast. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Hmm good question. I'm not sure whats happening with the carpool. Speaking of which I need to phone John and Ke, I haven't heard from them in a while.

Who is coming from the south of CT?

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
I came, I shopped, I conquered! :D

Bought me some new scrimpies LOL - and also got 3x 10g tanks for my summer invert plotting, and a sexed pair of L340 zebra plecos which I hope will breed in the next 6-8 mos. or so. Emphasis on the "hope" - plecos are weird like that. Also got to swap some stuff with Gordon, finally - got my hands on some sweet top yellow sword endler's to mix with my black bars - hoping to get something cool, or at least mix up the genes a bit (my entire colony being descended from a few pairs).

New shrimply acquisitions include:
-12+ Malawa shrimp (Caridina pareparensis parvidentata)
-10 Indian White Banded shrimp (Caridina sp. "Indian White Banded)
-8 Red Claws (Macrobrachium hendersoni)
-6 Green Shrimp (Caridina cf. babaulti 'Green')
-4 Zebra Shrimp (C. cf. babaulti 'stripes')

Anyway, I brought the auction purchases home this evening, only to find my biggest mama swordtail gave birth today (which is a relief; I was afraid she was going to explode if she got any fatter). Spent a half hour fishing out swordtail fry and transferring them to the 20L Heterandria colony to grow out with their older siblings.

In other news, I am totally broke (the check from the NEC auction won't come for a week or two at least) - so if anyone would like to buy some of my stock, please do let me know.

Also finally collected my CO2 tank from John (thanks man!). Now I just need to collect my regulator kit... and figure out what tank I'm using this for.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Did you, Mike and Collene, finished the auction? That's one long auction for sure! I stayed there for more than 6hrs but half of the items are still for auction, crazy!

The fish I got (pseudomugils and phoenix rasboras) were already in my 57gal, but the pseudomugil's eggs I don't know what to do with them haha!

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Did you, Mike and Collene, finished the auction? That's one long auction for sure! I stayed there for more than 6hrs but half of the items are still for auction, crazy!

The fish I got (pseudomugils and phoenix rasboras) were already in my 57gal, but the pseudomugil's eggs I don't know what to do with them haha!
Nah, we bailed maybe an hour after you, Michael had to go to a family event and we'd carpooled so I had to migrate with him. Most of the interesting stuff had sold already, anyway.

As for those eggs, maybe stick them in a fry net or a 2.5g tank? Hatch 'em out in some green water, raise 'em 'til they're too big to eat, and put 'em in w/ their parents. :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sad news, I just found today a carcass of the female Pseudomugil I won at the auction... I don't know what happened, she was ok during acclimation/transfer... Maybe she's still stress/shock, I didn't notice... Now the male is lonely so I need to find him a partner!!!

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Anybody know if there's a way to look up how much you made before they send you the check? I left before half my stuff sold, but I'd like to know in advance whether the check I'm getting is going to be enough to cover future evil shrimp plots...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts