Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Symptom: Stem plant growing apparently well, and healthily, good color, etc. Then a part of the stem just goes necrotic and turns black. No apparent physical damage that I can see to cause it. I have had this occur on various Ludwigias, and Proserpinaca palustris, no other plants that I have tried. The areas that go necrotic are not shaded. It doesn't seem to occur down at the base of the plant but either in the middle or at the growing stem. With Ludwigias in particular, it's really bugging me. Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't imagine what would be. CO2 is around 25-30ppm, NO3 around 15; PO4 2; traces are added daily with the 10's getting 0.5ml and the 29 getting 2ml daily. KH is ~ 9, GH is ~13.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the only possibility I don't know how to control for. The fish consists of guppies, sae's, ottos, and shrimp. I know the sae's eat any moss I put in there and will nibble at my M. matagrossense, but otherwise I just don't know. I hate to remove the sae's because I like them and except for the stuff on the glass, I am algae free. So I figure they're doing their job!

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's over 4 months that I'm experiencing the same problem with my Microsorum and I haven't been yet able to identify the reason...nor to find a solution! Do you have any idea/suggestions?

Thanks for your help
Cyrus

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
It does not sound like any of the known nutrient deficiency symptoms to me. Other people have reported the same symptoms in Ludwigia. I have never seen them in my own plants. It may be a symptom of toxicity---something in the water harming the plants.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.