Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
4,002 Posts
I just bought a new laptop a week ago. I got an HP Pavilion with an AMD 64X2 mobile technology processor, dual core. 2.10 ghz, 64 bit operating system, 4 GB memory, Windows VISTA home premieum.

I haven't found any problems with VISTA itself, but some of my older software will not load onto it. You can still get XP on new laptops in the business class machines, but these computers have far less memory on them. I chose this one because I wanted to get the fastest computer with the most memory and largest hard drive I could get for no more than a thousand dollars, and this fit the bill. The only problem I have is the UPS software will not work with 64 bit. Every other VISTA program or XP programs I have works fine, so I don't know what UPS's problem is.

· Banned
4,002 Posts
Looks pretty good! Are you familiar with Acer though? They are a Taiwan company. Been around a long time... I don't mind clones, but I stay away from chinese or Korean clones. I stick with American or Japanese.

I forgot to mention, mine is a 17" widescreen. It has a WEBcam too which I will never use. I watched one of the Matrix movies on it the other night! Cool.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.