Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello aquascapists!

Need your advice for my almost finished hardscape. This is a 60p ADA, 60x30x36 cm (20gallon), high-tech planted, RGB 60, co2 injection.

Right side, is what I'm debating on changing, here are my current ideas:

1) Keep as is, add soil layer, and plant carpet plants around the rock structure on the right and wood.

2) Create a steeper slope on the right, with rock at the top of hill.

3) Keep completely open, remove rock and wood on right, and have big open space with carpet all over.

4) Keep open completely, and remove slope on right, and fill up bottom left of tank to cover the trunk in the front, and create and island style feeling (island being on the left).

I'm going to use a thin white layer of sand in the front at the very end.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
I like the second photo better, but I don't know if it is because it looks like what I have seen before or because I just like simpler hardscapes more than complicated. The person who has to like it either way is you:D

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have to agree. I like the second one. I can envision a nice tiger lotus or a Crip Wendtii red or copper right in the center of the wood where that hole is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like the second one as well. My question would be, once you plant it will you see the rock? If not then just keep the wood and have more space for plants :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Maintaining a slope is always a huge challenge.
I prefer the right hand photo but think you need a little more rock on left - prop them up more or add some, maybe.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
yeah, slopes will level out over time. You'll have to manually maintain them or carpet plant roots will hold them in place. You can also have tiers of barriers in the substrate like rocks or something like light egg crates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts