Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! A friend gave me a 55 gal tank a couple months ago and I decided to try living plants. This time I've bought the right lighting, a tank for CO2, and Amano substrate. Dan at Aquarium Warehouse has been a great help. But I'm way over-budget, and I'm hoping that somone in Houston might want to offer/donate/sell-cheap any of the following plants.
Also, any advice about them would be appreciated too. I know that's free!

HETERANTHERA ZOSTERIFOLIA (Stargrass)
HEMIANTHUS MICRANTEMOIDES (Pearlgrass)
ERIOCAULON SETACEUM
ROTALA MACRANDRA
CAMBODA CAROLINA
LYSIMACHIA NUMMULARIA (Creeping Jenny)
DIDIPLIS DIADRA
ROTALA SP. GREEN
EUSTERALIS STELLATA

I'm pretty excited about the hobby, lots to learn and do! Everyone I've talked to seems really helpful and friendly. I'm looking forward to meeting other hobbiest in the future.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Hi, moving2112

Where in Texas are you from? I got some pearlgrass I can give you. I also have some nice stem plants with thin green leaves.....possibly Rotala green.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Ditto, join NASH! ;)

I don't have any of the plants you asked for, but I do have a couple or three stems of Hygro corymbosa 'angustifolia' that I can trim off for you. I have a few other "cool" plants, but they are still adjusting to the new tank and not ready for a trim for maybe a couple months.

-Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joining NASH sounds great. What do I have to do to join; is there a URL or something?

I really appreciate the help so far, it would be great to meet with other enthusiasts to get tips and share experiences. I've already managed to find some pretty good places for rocks and other hardscape materials in this area. I could definitely share my experiences so far; so many things that must be obvious to everyone else I've had to rediscover! :D

·
Registered
830 Posts
moving2112

we have not established a November meeting just yet, some of us are going to the conferance in Atlanta and we may have a meeting based on our experances and share photos with the other members.

Joining is easy, attend the meetings, first one is free to get a feel for the club and anual membership fees from then on are $25 a year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts