Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i bought a few plants recently and lost about 3/4 of them upon delivery. I am trying not to loose the other 1/4 including what i had originally which was mainly dwarf Sag. I have a Rena Xp4 with a Rex Grigg reactor conected to the outflow. I have set the bubble counter to about 2bps, lights on for 8hrs. I am still seeing alot of bubble coming from the spray bar and wondering how i can dissolve as much as possible. I have tried inverting the reactor at a 20 degree angle and that doesn't work. Oh and the algae war has began.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
How big is your tank? Maybe the water flow is too fast through the reactor? Are you sure you have it hooked up right? Some people hook it up backwards, out to in and in to out and it causes problems.

So sorry about your plants. You can always put some excel in there. Sounds like you need it. Keep your flow good, dead leaves out, cut back on your photo period. Most importantly - hand in there! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How big is your tank? Maybe the water flow is too fast through the reactor? Are you sure you have it hooked up right? Some people hook it up backwards, out to in and in to out and it causes problems.

So sorry about your plants. You can always put some excel in there. Sounds like you need it. Keep your flow good, dead leaves out, cut back on your photo period. Most importantly - hand in there! :D
Thanks Tex. I think i may have figured out what the problem is as far as the reactor is concerned. I have the reactor with the outlet hooked to the inlet of the reactor but the reactor has the inlet facing down. (Hope i explained that right). My point is, as the co2 bubbles get into the reactor they are being pushed up instead of down so they do not stay inside the reactor that long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts