Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together a flyer to hand out at the NAS to promote CAPE. Got most of the copy written (if there's something you think we definitely need to say, though, please comment!), but what I'm in particular need of is some kind of visual - a really awesome plant close-up or something that will look good reproduced in black and white (I'm running off like 100+ of these things on a budget :)) If anybody has something I can use it would be greatly appreciated.

Alternatively, if no one has anything offhand, I can draw a logo-style swordplant icon or something and put it on there. :)

Thanks!

PS: I'm also going to make little "join CAPE!" stickers to put on our bags of plants for the auction. If anyone wants some to stick on their lots, come to the bagging party Saturday night.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can you put a couple of "join CAPE!" tags aside for Sunday? I can't make it the eve before, but would like to add it to my umbrella palms. Perhaps the auctioneer will comment on the tags - A chance for you to chime in with info.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Individual plants would be great, Michael. Something I could cut out of its background and plop onto the flyer would be great.

Betta pictures are nice but since it's CAPE and all, I think it needs to be a plant. Preferably something broad-leaved (easier to isolate from the background)

Julie, I'll bring a couple stickers for you on Sun. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you're looking for swords, how about either of these 2 pictures? Although I'm not sure how good they will look if you blow them up to flyer size...

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. Those sword photos are both too small to use on a high-res printout, but they provided a good reference for the little logo-like plant I drew on the flyer (which is a little shaky, but I was too lazy to get out my tablet and make it look perfect...)

Completed flyer is attached to this post (hopefully). :) LMK what you guys think!

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for the input. Those sword photos are both too small to use on a high-res printout, but they provided a good reference for the little logo-like plant I drew on the flyer (which is a little shaky, but I was too lazy to get out my tablet and make it look perfect...)

Completed flyer is attached to this post (hopefully). :) LMK what you guys think!
Great looking flyer. You are a very good artist!

·
Registered
27 Posts

This looks very professional. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for all your hard work setting up and tearing down for the show, Amanda. I had a fun time even if I didn't get a chance to see much of the auction.

Next year I'm saving my budget for the auction - some great deals! I saw someone get a Marineland double bright LED fixture for only $45 and a ton of great plants and fish for only $1 each.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, it was a real buyer's market this year - usually there are more people and the competition is a bit more intense as a result. Most events I've been to start out expensive and get

Between my $26 4" discus, all the $1 tanks, the $1 pair of paradise fish, and the $2 downoi, I made out like a bandit.

There's a bigger event in northern Jersey later in the month if you're still in a shopping sort of mood. ;) I think it'll draw a bigger crowd, though, so things might cost a bit more...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts