Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got three plants that I don't think are going to make it in my scape. I don't know what they are called, but they are some of the ones Bhushan gave me (sorry Bhushan, I just can't remember what they were called...maybe one was Rotala 'Vietnam' or 'Nanjenshan', maybe R. wallichii... ? ).

Anyhow, I need a recommendation on a couple hearty background plants and a mid-ground. I use straight tap-water, DIY for at least another 4 months, EI dosing, about 2.7 WPG on a 48x12x18 tank.

I can try to post pics of the plants tomorrow if I remember to bring home a camera.

-Dave

·
Registered
640 Posts
Dave, You almost got the names. The plants I gave you are R. wallichii, R. sp "Nanjenshan" and Pogostemon Stellatus "Broad Leaf".

You could try some R. rotundifolia or any of the easy Hygrophila sp for background. If you want I have some plantlets of Cryptocoryne spiralis I can give you at our next meeting.

Bhushan

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the clarification, Bhushan! I got home today to find the P. stellatus starting to perk up and put little new leaves on. I was worried because all the leaves had turned yellow/white, but now I'm seeing some new pink ones at the tips. I increased ferts just a touch.

The Rotala's are not doing so well, though. Yes, I would LOVE to get some plantlets of Crypt. spiralis! :)

I also just got 2 stems of Artraxon sp from Erik O. in Utah (apistaeasy) . I can bring one of them if anyone is interested, should be acclimated in a couple weeks. I don't know anything about how fast/tall/full it grows, but I'd like to find out. Anyone have experience with this in hard water?

-Dave

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Dave - Stellata is prtty famous for stunting in new water conditions. It will and does grow through it, just let it do its thing.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave - Stellata is prtty famous for stunting in new water conditions. It will and does grow through it, just let it do its thing.
Okay, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts