Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I was looking into dry fertilizers and I am pretty confused as where to start. I looked at both aquariumfertilizer.com and greenleafaquariums.com and I really have no idea what I should purchase, or if I should mix fertz together like I have read. If anyone has any suggestions or a mixture they use feel free to post! Any advice will be much appreciated! Thanks all!

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Hi kkaso783,

At first I was overwhelmed as well, but someone here gave me some good advice. It was suggested that first I pick my method of fertilization, then buy my ferts. So I researched EI, PPS, Rex Grigg, Tom Barr, and PPS-Pro methods of fertilization. Although there are similarities between the methods, there are some differences as well as to which work better with different water conditions and levels of monitoring and maintenance.

I decided I wanted to keep it simple, and I have softer water, so I went with the PPS-Pro method. It works very well for me. My advice, first pick a method, then you will know what you need to purchase.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
My advice, first pick a method, then you will know what you need to purchase.
+1 on that advice. Then, once you've got the hang of that method, if you feel like trying a different method later, you'll have a good foundational knowledge help guide you.

-Dave

·
Registered
59 Posts
Im new to ferts, I got a fert package from Rex G. It has most every thing I need, an was under $25. Im working on what to do with them now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys! Can anybody post some links to the different fert methods?

·
Registered
5,306 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts