Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have built this style reactor and I can't stop the top from filling up with CO2. I am using the recommended Rio 600 and I have tried several others with the same results. Even with the bubble count turned down to 1 per 3 seconds they just don't dissolve fast enough. Any thoughts? I am thinking of just buying the Ehiem diffuser.

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the size of the bubbles I am not sure it is not air instead of CO2 but I can't figure our how air is getting in as everything is under water. It is a new tank and maybe some of the new tank bubbles are the problem. As far as making a vortex the unit basically is a modified gravel cleaner and the inlet is in the center. If you have any pics of your ideas please pass them along. Thanks

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gpodio said:
What you are seeing is completely normal, it simply means you don't have enough pressure to push undissolved gasses out of the tube. Hope that helps
Giancarlo Podio
Thanks very much Giancarlo, and the picture. Do you turnoff the pump at night too?

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it worked out and it is working awesome right now. Giancarlo your pictures started me thinking about a 90º elbow I was using. The pump needs to be a straight shot into the reactor plastic. I had a 90º elbow to take advantage of the suction cups. I went to a straight in and used plastic cable tie to secure the suction cups. No the flow is sufficient to remove any trapped air inside yet churn the CO2. Any bubbles that escape the bottom are now so small that they completely dissolve long before reaching the surface. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.