Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I need some advice if of plants I should add to the tanks, most people I ask told me tall tank is hard to make it look nice. I have a 30 gallon high tanks, and only fish gonna go in the there will be tall angelfish and some ****** loach.

Currently set

Co2 injector
Finnex Planted+ Lightning
Some plants I got from LFS there was not much plant I can pick from, so might need recommendations of site I can order from.

Any recommendations of list of plants will be great!
Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,429 Posts
I think this is a 24 inch long by 24 inch tall by 13 inch front to back tank. If I am right I suspect you will have low light. I use a Planted Plus light on a 65 gallon tank, which is 36 inches long and 24 inches tall. It gives me about 50 PAR, or medium light. But, Planted Plus lights give you much more intensity the longer they are. A 36 inch long light gives you more than twice the intensity, at 24 inches away, than a 24 inch long light. So, I suspect you have about 20-30 PAR intensity.

I suggest you read http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/general-aquarium-plants-discussions/133058-diy-co2.html for some information about using CO2 with low light. Using the techniques described there you should be able to grow several different plants very well.

A very good source for plants is the For Sale forum here, http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/sale-trade/

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Order from the forums here, or on BarrReport or something

·
Registered
56 Posts
I always wonder about folks who tell somebody else that what they have can never look nice!
How does that other person know what you feel looks nice? Do they feel that their definition of nice is the only way? So that leaves me thinking the only thing that works for me is how I feel about MY tank.
So first, what do you want to see in YOUR tank?
For MY thoughts, I would want more variety. That doesn't mean it has to be hard so first I go with easy. Then later, I may pull some plants and replace them. I'm not married to plants nor fish!
I like natural structure like rocks and wood and I also find them handy to get different plants to work at different levels.
How about pick up some rocks and wood around your area, plant some different plants like Java fern, Jave moss, and swords, crypts or anubia? Super glue the roots of plants to the rock and wood and it gets totally different.
But then, keep in mind that is what I like and you can have a totally good looking tank that looks nothing like my tank!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I suggest that you look around on the forums. I've bought from several people and the plants always come in good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts