Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving my 5.5 gallon to another room, and I need a stand for it. I live in a small town, so I don't have a ton of options locally. I've found some nice tables, but they were pricey. (> $100) Does anybody have any good ideas for a decent, affordable stand?

Also, I was wondering if i could mount a shelf, and place the tank on a shelf. Is that a bad idea?

Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Revernance - I definitely agree with not wanting to spend $100 on a stand. I don't think the whole setup cost that. The problem with going to IKEA is that the closest store is 350 miles away.
The only options locally are some office furniture at Staples that looked a wee bit flimsy, and some (expensive) end tables at a furniture store. Any chance you could find the name of your table?

I was hoping to find something like the stand waterfaller has in her nano thread (third post down).
Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input Hoppy. There is a Cost Plus relatively close. Next time I go to the LFS I will check it out, see what they have. And I didn't realize IKEA shipped... If I can find something the right dimension, that might be the best option. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.