Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Looks like a moss... maybe java. I have noticed how long ago he used to use lots of willow and is now reverting more to java 'like' mosses.

david

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Yeah- it's just regular, classic Java Moss. He presented and talked specifically about this tank at AGA Convention last year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
How did he get it to flatten out like that (i'm thinking somethign similar to the riccia way) , also does that mean he needs to trim the moss really often?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Pseuro said:
How did he get it to flatten out like that (i'm thinking somethign similar to the riccia way) , also does that mean he needs to trim the moss really often?
It's very easy :). I think Amano use lot of small rocks with moss on them. I use moss in my tanks to make small "carpets". See THIS photo of my 180l tank. I trim(like hair) moss every 3weeks to keep them short.

·
Banned
50 Posts
jsenske said:
Yeah- it's just regular, classic Java Moss. He presented and talked specifically about this tank at AGA Convention last year.
I love that tank, it looks like something you would actually see in a natural aquatic enviroment.

I can get my hygro difformis to grow low and spread like that by giving it an excess of light. At least that's what I think does it, could be wrong.

I do envy that tank though, stunning but subtle, I'm more than happy with my plant growing skills, but Amano's skills as an artist are in my opinion beyond anything I'll ever accomplish.

You need to devote every waking hour of your life to promoting the ADA product line Jeff, that way in a year or too the demand will be such that the prices will come down and we can all enjoy the fruit of his efforts.

Until then, I'll have to settle for hiding all my ugly equipment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts