Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

As we are expanding at an unbelievable rate we are looking for some input from the fish keeping community.

What products would all of you like to see us carry on a regular basis? You can suggest anything related to the hobby that you like. I'd like to see what brands and products you want. We are going to start carrying filters, heater, nano tanks, and UV sterilizers soon already so name what you want and we will see if we can get them for you.

If you don't want to make your suggestion public knowledge then feel free to PM me as well. You will see this posted on several boards so please don't respond to this twice as it will skew my research.

Thanks,

Del
AquariumPlants.com Webmaster

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tropica plants can not be imported due to restrictions on potted plants according to them. There was a great write up on Tropica in TAG a while back explaining the sillliness of the restriction as it applies to Tropica livestock.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Full line of Dupla products, including substrates.

Bulk Erythromycin.

$30 double gauge CO2 regulator + $15 Clippard needle valve.

$15 CO2 atomizer.

$10 waterproof end caps for straight and square pin Power Compact bulbs.

Fine filter pad material.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
niko said:
Full line of Dupla products, including substrates.

Bulk Erythromycin.

$30 double gauge CO2 regulator + $15 Clippard needle valve.

$15 CO2 atomizer.

$10 waterproof end caps for straight and square pin Power Compact bulbs.

Fine filter pad material.

--Nikolay
You're a funny guy!!! We do have Erythromycin but only by the bottle. Plant Guild makes it for us. http://aquariumplant.com/cgi-bin/cart/FE835.html

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gomer said:
Might behoove you to have some decent scaping tools. A simple 2 piece 11-12" tweeser and scissor set of good quality would go a long way. Always nice to order plants and be able to get the tools you need from one place.
I've been thinking about that but have yet to own a decent set even for myself. I wouldn't know what to look for in a great set of tools. Maybe you could post some detailed pics or a link of what I need to look for in high quality scaping tools?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm already working on it Gomer.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Dry Fertilizers

Someone asked me, and I can't remember if it was here or not, if we could start carrying dry ferts. Well, we are now. Not the cheapest but I'm not doing enough volume of them yet to get any really good pricing. I have a very steady source of dry microplex, a key and often missing componet of PMDD, which I've read a lot of people have trouble finding. (Sometimes it pays to be married to a Brit.)

http://aquariumplant.com/cgi-bin/cart/fert912.html

·
Registered
193 Posts
Would be nice if you can get some brachy Driftwood and display actual pics of the pieces.I always wondered why plants stores dont show off much drift in the websites.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got a shipment in last month but felt it was of such poor quality that I disposed of most it instead of selling it. I'm working on finding a better source.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did check into it a couple months ago but there is really very little profit in it because it's sold so incredibly cheap right now. We are a for profit business and this wouldn't help pay for the employees. Being this this is the case you might want to get together with some people in your area and do a "group buy" for your use.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Funny you should mention that. We will have some in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
UV Sterilizers

I use TurboTwist UV -- I highly recommend those. Easy to use and come in a variety of hose sizes and wattages. If you can beat Dr. Fosters & Smith's prices, I'd order many...

Kevmo

·
Registered
678 Posts
I don't think opiesilver is checking the forums any more.

This thread is well over a year old.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts