Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 30 gallon tank, with diy co2. i am in the process of buying plants and here is the list of choices:

hemanthus callitrichoides
hemanthus micranthemodes
micranthemum umbrosum
marsilea hirruta
sagittaria subulata
rotala rotundifolia
bacopa caroliniana
ludwigia palustris
myriophyllum aquaticom
rotala wallichii

please let me know about dosing, which types of fertilizers and which brands are best!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
i know all the pros use dry ferts which is cheaper and better. both rex and green leaf have it for sale at a very good price. Due to my co2 injection is not woking right now im dosing SEACHEM flourish excel every day and every water change i dose SEACHEM flourish potassium and SEACHEM flourish. My plants are doing really good and grow really fast. My lights is also 2.8 wpg. Old timers tends to use Yamato Green which is very popular back in the days but you cant buy this just anywhere.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
I do EI dosing. It's easy and supposed to be mistake proof. I use the dry ferts. The only variables I manage are photo period and CO2 amounts. I do increase rounded tsps and such as my plant mass increases.

·
Registered
697 Posts
dosing flourish is not a substitute if your DIY co2 is not working. you either need to fix that or dose with excel as an alternative carbon source.

you should start dosing with the dry ferts with either the EI or PPS dosing methods. either one produces excellent results, as long as you follow a good fert regiment, along with proper lighting and co2 as tex gal mentions.

since she is a proponent for the EI method, i'm on the PPS bandwagon, which i think is even more dummier proof :D

of course, don't mistake fast leggy growth to full lush growth. good luck!

*** oops! just noticed that you're dosing excel, so ignore that part.

·
Registered
697 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts