Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the progression of my new 55 gal. setup:
http://www.aquatic-plants.org/gallery/album13

The layout will have some more plants added, but it the general idea is obvious now - to have a "cluster" of plants in the middle and a surrounding "lawn" of low growing plants.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I surely will.

PPS works too good :)

--Nikolay

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Given a 55, I would be tempted to scape it in a flow style with rocks indicating a lengthwise water flow and some sort of undulating substrate with mostly low level plants. 55 dimensions are not very easy to work with but you've done a nice job there.

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice layout and containing interesting, rich thoughts, niko. The "flashing" substrate somehow a little stresses the simplicity of your approach.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turtlehead

Same lights as before - a 55 and a 65 PC, total of 120 watts.

The pictures may have a different hue because I used a different setting for a white ballance this time.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Looks very nice, Niko! What are the plants in the far right? They look almost Downoi-ish, star shaped.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wruyle,

The substrate is 100% Fluorite. You can see how the 10,000Kelvin bulb that is on the right renders the colors cooler. The Fluorite looks different in the left side of the tank compared to the right side. The camera exagerates that effect, in reality the difference is small.

Pisces,

The palm-like plants on the right are Eichornia diversifolia (stargrass I guess). Beautiful plant but sensitive to N or P deficiencies and to shipping.

--Nikolay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts