Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, im gonna rescape my 75. i have the hardscape stuff all ready to go. i just now need to figure out how im going to scape it. im thinking more asian biotope type deal.
the hardscape is going to consist mainly of malaysian driftwood. ive got this stump that is about 30" x 17" x 13". i want a grassy type carpet. no hairgrass. what can i put in the background so that fills in well - keep in mind that it is only half of a stump. the stump will sit flush against the glass. any ideas? pictures would even be better. im not gonna bite off anyone's setup - i just want to have an idea of how i should scape mine.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Any of the Hygrophila species will do well as a filler and fit your Asian theme. If you're looking for a strappy background plant Cryptocoryne spiralis or C. retrospiralis are attractive and easy to grow. Java Fern would be a good option to vegetate your stump with. Grassy plants...you might look into Echinodorus tenellus, Blyxa japonica, or Lilaeopsis brasiliensis for a low intensity carpet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts