Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I really want to know how long he keeps these tanks going. They look so damn perfect he must have a team of people doing the maintence on this. Glad I got glasses a month ago otherwise I think I am with Gomer, I'd be going to the eye doc, again.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Yes, he's got a swarm of worker bees that keep those aquaria in shape. What I'd like to know most is what percentage of these tanks we see attributed to ADA are actually the work of Amano himself and which are those of his employees.

Best,
Phil

·
Registered
215 Posts
In the last pic of this string, the one with Cyperus helferi, what is the plant in the center above the java moss and below R. Indica?
___
Jeff

·
Registered
215 Posts
tsunami said:
Looks to be Bolbitis heudelotii.
Are you sure? third from bottom, has Bolbitis in upper right corner; very different. This plant looks more moss-like and weeping. Are there plant lists associated with these shots?
___
Jeff

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Here is a bigger pic. They are all online a little larger if you use the properties of the pic to find the catch file of the original website. That whole site and all the related links are prety cool if youcan either read japanesse or translate with BabelFish or something. Hope it helps:)

and here is a link to the pic with the info in Japanese. Sorry, I can't translate that one as it is a scaned photo not an actual web page. Maybe SurWrathful could help us:)[/img]

Also, here is link to a very cool part of that site tsunami showed use the photos from. It will be in japanese but if your copy the link and translate it using AltaVista's Babel Fish most of the words can be read by people like me:)

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
The amazing part to me, is that he can come up with an apparently unlimited number of aquascapes. Granted not all are as appealing (to me, at least) as some. Heck, I have trouble coming up with one scape that I'm proud to show off.

I'm curious, does anyone know if anyone in this country has a business like Amano and ADA, where they make and maintain these beautiful tanks for their customers? If so, are there any pics on line of their work?

·
Registered
56 Posts
First, let me say I love all of amano's aquascapes.

However, did you know that these photos have all been retouched to enhance the colours and get rid of unwanted equipment.

I have photos of an amano aquascape before and after it's been retouched and it's a difference. it's still a beautiful aquascape, but after it's been retouched, it has a bit more magic to it.

Since these photo's are meant for the aquajournal magazine, i find it reasonable that they should be retouched, afterall photos of models are retouched all the time. Just that as beautiful as amano's aquascapes are, they won't look exactly like the photos in real life.

Before i found out they were retouched, i was getting depressed cause i thought my aquascape could never reach that level of perfection.

I'll post the photo's i have later.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I swear that new gallery wasn't up there when I got to that site. :shock:

Oh well, plenty of new photos to look at now in detail!

Carlos

·
Registered
426 Posts
Jeff Kropp said:
tsunami said:
Looks to be Bolbitis heudelotii.
Are you sure? third from bottom, has Bolbitis in upper right corner; very different. This plant looks more moss-like and weeping.
Young Bolbitis heudelotii leaves have that weeping habit. As they mature, they become stiffer and grows more upright. Coupled with this, Amano may have placed an XLarge specimen of B. heudelotii on its side as he often does with Microsorum pteropus 'Narrow Leaf' to emphasize the temporary weeping habit. Here is another photo of B. heudelotii with upright leaves.

tsunami said:
I swear that new gallery wasn't up there when I got to that site.
That site is attitudinal. Gallery #3, which features your photos, is not linked from Gallery #2 but a change in the site's URL will reveal it: http://www.aqua-shopping.com/cnt/gallery/index3.htm

However, it's down again. Try again later. :roll:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts