Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello APC! I have a lot of plants to spread around to you folks! If there are any questions about the plants listed below that haven't already been answered on each plants' description, please feel free to PM me! :)
Shipping will be $5, and it will be shipped via USPS, and payment preferably by by paypal, and mainland US buyers only please.

This is one of the most sought-after and beautiful Polygonums, particularly for it's evident and unique deep purple color.
This plant needs softer, acidic water with stronger lighting. Purple color is dependant upon the water parameters, ferts and lighting strength.
$4 a stem or $9 for 3 stems - approx. 5 inch stems

Tentatively known as a rotala, also under the name of Ammania "Sulawesi". Very attractive deep pink leaves with a white vein down the middle. The stem remains green making a nice contrast. Much desired Rotala and also one of the most difficult to find.
This plant needs softer, acidic water, CO2 is very beneficial for this plant along with stronger lighting. Reddish color is dependance upon the parameters and ferts.
$8 a stem or $18 for 3 stems - approx. 3-4 inch stems

This is the most commonly-known of the Tonina. Unique characteristic is how the leaves create a flat top and "curl-underneath" ability.
This plant needs softer, acidic water, CO2 is very beneficial for this plant. Easiest of the Tonina to grow!
$2 a stem or $8 for 5 stems - approx. 4 inch stems

This Rotala is similar in leaf pattern and demands as R. Vietnam and R. hippuris. The most significant contrast is that this particular Rotala from Thailand, colors out to an attractive orange hue with a bright red stem, unlike the pink/red hue of hippuris and Vietnam.
This plant needs softer, acidic water, CO2 is very beneficial for this plant. Grows and propogates quickly!
$5 a stem or $12 for 3 stems - approx. 4-5 inch stems

This Hygro is by far one of the more unique species, particularly for the long-serrated leaves.
This plant is not very demanding and grows slowly, does not necessarily require softer acidic water, but will do better in it. Really only needs moderately strong lighting.
$7 a stem or $18 for 3 stems - approx. 4-5 inch stems

This is the popular "Purple Bamboo". The leaves have that "shiny and silvery" look that is much desired. The leaves also have the ability to turn a purple hue.
This plant is not very demanding, but does better if given softer water. Turns purple under stronger lighting. Grows and propogates quickly!
$3 a stem or $6 for 3 stems - approx. 4-5 inch stems

This Polygonum is known for it's slightly-ruffled leaves, and the 2 ears that come back towards the stem from each leaf. This Polygonum is usually green, but it has the ability to turn completely red.
This plant does much better if given softer, acidic water. Stronger lighting and ferts allow the plant to turn red.
$5 a stem or $12 for 3 stems - approx. 5 inch stems

This 1st type of Eriocaulaceae is characterized by it's narrow stem, and it's whispy-thin leaves.
This plant needs softer, acidic water. Stronger lighting and CO2 goes a long way for this plant to do well.
$2 a stem or $8 for 5 stems - approx. 3-4 inch stems

One of the most interesting and attractive of Cabomba. As you can see the leaves whorl, and they have a pattern of green then white then green and so on.
This plant does not necessarily need softer, acidic water. Does fine with moderately strong lighting, CO2 not absolutely necessary.
$5 a stem or $12 for 3 stems - approx. 4-5 inch stems

This particular Bacopa is quite unique and attractive, being that the leaves are pointed and longer than the typical Bacopa. The crown has the ability to turn slightly pink.
This plant needs softer, acidic water, as well as moderate to strong lighting and CO2.
$6 a stem or $15 for 3 stems - approx. 4-5 inch stems

This species of Arthraxon is very small and great for "nano" tanks. The leaves also have the attractive "shiny and silvery" look. The leaves also have the ability to turn a shade of purple.
This plant is not very demanding, does not necessarily need CO2 and softer acidic water. Really just needs moderately strong lighting.
$8 for 3 stems or $14 for 6 stems - approx. 3-4 inch stems

·
Registered
142 Posts
wow, nice selection of plants! if I had not spent the monthly aquatic money I would definitely take you up on some of these plants.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Knowing that it is winter, it would be very helpful to know where you are located, therefore, where the plants would be shipped from. Thanks.

Yes, very cool selection of oddities!

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Out of curiosity, how many tanks do you have? These are an awful lot of plants you're offering here. :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Inspire has great plants. I've received many different ones from him.

Hey BertH - I have 81 varieties of plants in 4 tanks. It's doable if you have TERMINAL collectoritis! (I know I need professional help!!! I'm sick, sick do you hear!!! - Don't tell Tex Guy but that's why I'm glad he's getting another tank... MORE PLANTS!!!):rolleyes:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much Tex Gal! :)
and we sure do have collectoritis! :p but youd be suprised how many species one can keep in a small # of tanks! The hardest part is keeping an eye on all of them, making sure that some plants dont choke out others :p

·
Registered
551 Posts
If I had not just spent $100 on plants I would jump at some of these (they are beautiful) what kind of substrate is in that tonina grow out tank? soil?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gibmaker - chances are i will still have these for awhile, so no bother in asking later? ;-) and im using amazonia #1, the more potent of the 2 amazonia is best for toninas.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I just received my order from Inspire and I am very pleased with the shipment. I live in Denver where it is freezing cold and the plants were expertly packed. The Rotala "sunset" is full and fair quantity, the Polygonum "PV" is a good size and I got some Najas "roraima" as a bonus. The plants are all vigorous, good size and algae free. Thanks to Inspire for delivering on the goods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.