Aquatic Plant Forum banner

New APC Feature: The AlgaeFinder

8K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  nicholas987 
#1 · (Edited)
I am pleased to announce the release of The AlgaeFinder!

The AlgaeFinder is designed to assist hobbyists in quickly diagnosing their algae infestation and finding various ways to cure it.

As with all things, the AlgaeFinder will be only as good as the information that is submitted to it by hobbyists. So, PLEASE, if you find that the AlgaeFinder doesn't contain information about a specific species, click the link to submit a new entry. The same goes for submitting your pictures of algae species. We want to show various pictures of the same species in different tanks and conditions.

Lastly, please share your experiences (battles and cures) by commenting on the algae species. This way you are helping your fellow hobbyists you may be battling that species at the moment.

I wanted to thank our member Laith for the idea and agreeing to take charge of this project, as well as to those that have given of their time by submitting pictures/information to improve the AlgaeFinder.

As always, we hope you find this new feature useful. Please report any bugs/feedback in the AlgaeFinder Feedback forum.

See less See more
#4 ·
It is not an anecdote to having, we want or no, several species of algae in our aquariums and it is not either its extreme suddenly increase like preoccupation source.That is, of course, due to imbalances that have not been able to avoid or we have not known to take a short cut.
I agree that is a very good announcement and an increasing efficient tool to fight them.
With respect to the catalog and corresponding cards with information I would like to comment that to increase to the effectiveness in its consultation some things perhaps can be useful:
1- in the first place I would appreciate a classification or useful categorization (as an index) on the main page. Now there are few cards, but when there is many it will be difficult to treat like a non ordinate list.
2- Some of the algae in the collection are recognized by popular terms, other times by the scientific name, and in other figure the taxonomic group. I think that choosing one of these criterions or ranking them would be desirable and appropriate.
3- in the particular cards makes lack the field with the category of the algae at the division level. The family would be also useful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.