Aquatic Plant Forum banner

New Atlanta guy here

835 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  afwfjustin 
#1 ·
Hello - I am also a member at plantgeek.net. I have kept and bred various African cichlids for almost about 8 years now (all my African tanks have always looked the same - very natural which is a black background, sand, and granite boulders) and I recently wanted to do something different so I set up a 55g and decided to get some discus and grow some plants.

I currently have 3.5 WPG and have two 2-liter bottles for yeast fermentation, soon to be four bottles. I am planning on having around 20 species of plants in my tank and I have some beautiful discus that I hand feed and hand pet daily. They are such amazing fish. I've been so much into this tank that I spend probably 3 times with it than I do with my beloved 55g Tanganyikan community tank.

I am in the process of setting up a 10g nano-reef, and hoping to get some seahorses! I just filled the tank with sand and water today and going to be doing research for it before I start stocking with anything. I'll have 4 WPG of 50/50 light in the tank and am hoping to have some mushrooms and soft corals.

Well that's about it for now, I guess I will start a thread for my planted tank soon and update with pictures as the tank progresses. Right now I only have 7 species in the tank but I have an entire jungle's worth of plants coming to me next week :p

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi afwfjustin,

Welcome to APC! Lots of friendly knowledgeable people here to help. Glad you joined us!

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm going to get some nice pictures up soon for everyone.

Unfortunately I did not go to the ACA convention. I took a two year hiatus from fish keeping and just got back into the scene two months ago :)

I have a ton of new plants being shipped to me this week and I'll get some photos up after! Here's a picture of my old 135g that won Tank of the Month on cichlid-forum back in 2004

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.