Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pair of rams today and am wondering if they look ill. They are staying at the top of the aquarium almost in a vertical position.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
That doesn't look normal. Are you injecting CO2?

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
yeah, looks like they need some more oxygen. coloration isnt too bad though. keep your eyes peeled for secondary issues due to stress such as ich. but i think with more oxygen they're be OK. GL!

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
ir0n ma1den,

Any news on your new rams? Are they getting better? Have you tried playing them a little "Run to the Hills" from the Iron Maiden jukebox? :D (That used to get me feeling better after a bad day. ) :cool:

-Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
did you acclimate them to your water properly?

they were probably used to the store's co2 / nitrate levels, and when you put them in your tank it shocked them. i try to acclimate all fish i get for temperature and water conditions. just a thought

·
Registered
128 Posts
Rams are somewhat picky and with all new fish, they should have been quarantined in a small tank with similiar conditions for at least a week or so before introduction to your established aquarium.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ir0n ma1den,

Any news on your new rams? Are they getting better? Have you tried playing them a little "Run to the Hills" from the Iron Maiden jukebox? :D (That used to get me feeling better after a bad day. ) :cool:

-Dave
Yea, that did the trick :)

They are fine now, I just used an airstone and lessened the CO2.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts