Aquatic Plant Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the help davemonkey!

In other news... we have another member in our club! I placed a craigslist add and a person messaged me about joining.

This brings our member list to 12!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Zap
2 questions-
What's up with getting our own section here?
and- I missed the directions to your house the first time. Where would I get those (or at least an address)?
thanks
penny

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ah yes, I'm not sure where the section application is at the moment, I'm still waiting to hear back from davemonkey :) I can't wait for our own section, it will definitely take the pressure off me having to remember everyone's email address, forum location, screen name, phone number, etc... haha.

I'll PM you my address.

It seems you know a lot of people in CT! I just got an email from Jared (the guy who bought the 20L from you)! He isn't even the first person to tell me they knew you!

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Your forum is not up yet? I promise we're on it. Cavan PM'd our CG Admin (Bryce has been on a vacation). I'll send a reminder to see if we can get this up quickly.

-Dave

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
What is the exact name of your club? I need to know that very soon. It wouldn't be set in stone, but do you have something in mind?

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Maybe Aquatic Plant Club? APC :D Or maybe Connecticut Aquatic Plant Association CAPA?

One of those will do for now.

Acctually, I like CAPA since it sounds like an ancient society, or possibly a plant fraternity, which can only mean two things: beer and plant parties. CAPA it is!

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
OK, we can go with that for now. In the meantime, it would be best to make sure there isn't already a group with the same name. Stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Thanks Zap.
Yes, I made the acquaintance of Jared last w/e.
We used to have a club, NEAPS, perhaps that's where they know me from. Founders were Bailin, Dennis Deitz and I. That's where I met Bryce, before he moved away.
I tried to forward the stragglers over to you, but some were in MA.
penny

·
Registered
271 Posts
This sounds great guys! Perhaps once I get me lisence this spring I can start coming and going to meetings and contribute as I have some great ideas that would excite all you guys!

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey hey, the meeting is on monday :) just a few days from now!! Woooo I'm excited and thief just PMed me with a kick ass idea for things to do during some of the plant meetings.

·
Registered
578 Posts
As one of the "MA stragglers" (thanks, Penny! ;) ), I appreciated being contacted, but the nearly 2 hr drive (google-mapped it) on a work night makes it tough.

I'll certainly keep an eye on the CT club site, and perhaps attend any weekend events in the future.

Congratulations on getting this together, and kudos, Michael, for persevering and making it happen!
-Jane

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I was thinking January 3rd for the next meeting date. Its a saturday, so perhaps that will be easier for people? What time is good? Maybe 5-7 pm or is 7-9 pm good? Same place - Hamden CT.

I'll start a new thread announcing it if people let me know what hours they are free :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts