Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Florida aquatic nurseries has developed a new strain of C. wendtii mi oya they have dubbed "florida sunset". The leaves have multiple shades of pink with a little white mixed in. It was a mutation that they duplicated thru tissue culture over and over again until they got a consistent strain.

The plant will be available later this year, but they are sending me samples, the first released to the public, this week. I am going to try and get some decent photos, I'm not a very good photographer.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
FAN made two of these available for the auction at AGA. They went for incredibly high prices - as I recall close to $200 each.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am surprised Ghazanfar didn't know it comes from Wendtii mi oya as opposed to just normal wendtii.

FAN made two of these available for the auction at AGA. They went for incredibly high prices - as I recall close to $200 each.
Well those people are going to feel pretty stupid now! They are selling for well under five dollars as far as I know. They will be released for commercial sale sometime within the next 30 to 60 days. I will have some this friday. I will sell them to anybody who wants them... not for 200 dollars either!

So how come nobody has been talking about these plants since the convention?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to intude in your conversation but what is the plants that makes the 2 flowers in your profie picture. I have the same one but can not tell what the name of the plant is.

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you meant me, it is a Madagascar lace plant flower. Your picture looks like it would be the flower some other Aponogeton species.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts