Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some new driftwood in my tank and wanted to show you guys. It took over 2 weeks for all the tanins to work out. The wood was still yellowing but I got impatient. I completely tore down my enitre tank and did a huge clean/grooming/weeding. Everything got some attention. The water is still a little cloudy due to the recent remodel.
I'm always open to constructive criticisms so feel free.
As always its a WORK IN PROGRESS :)

If you guys have any questions like "what the H*ll were you thinking?" let me know

Laying out the wood

Overall view

Slightly closer view

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Are you keeping a mbuna with zebra danios and neon tetras? :shock:

I'm not convinced by your driftwood arrangement. What is your game plan/goal with this aquascape?

Do you plan to add a foreground in the future, or are you going to leave the gravel bare?

Carlos

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I knew somone would question my fish choices. I actually have 2 mbuna's + electric blue johanni with zebra danios+ neon tetras (among other things, I even have dwarf puffers in there). My whole tank is not supposed to get along but the fish never bother each other really. Ocassionally they chase their own species but everyone seems to get along. If you want the whole list of fish let me know, it would take a while. I think everyone gets along beacuse of all the live / frozen food or something but I'm on the lookout for an unfair play.

As to my driftwood, hmmm your not convinced. Honestly I'm not sure what my goal really is. I have no real pre-envision of what the tank will look like when finished. I think that I have to many different varietes of plants, and I will probably thin out the types a little.

I would love to get some foreground, I really like the look of Glossostigma elatinoides. I have tried to buy in it in past buy my LFS couldn't get it. Not sure how hard it would be to do the good water changes though.

Thanks for any input though

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I don't feel that you have too many plant species. It can be done with proper arrangement.

Think about it. Read some of the aquascaping articles and weekly topic discussions and ask yourself "what do I want my tank to look like?" A lush, garden with a myriad of showy stems? A more minimalistic layout with only a few kinds of plants?

We really need to know what your goal is to help. Otherwise, if you don't at least have an embryonic sense of what you want, the layout will no longer be your own creation.

If you have any questions, ask away,

Carlos

1 - 4 of 4 Posts