Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming RO water, what calculated GH value does the fertilator produce when calculating "green" values for Ca and Mg?

Adding a milliliter value to P pulldown for Feet would be convienent.

Calculation of TMG supplementation for iron doesn't add to the K total.

What are the "green" target thresholds for each nutrient? Perhaps red factors should be too much supplementation, and yellow/orange too little? Either way, it needs some description of color meanings and a general guide for interpreting results.

The "find" calculations expect dry weight in grams for liquid nutrient sources like Fleet and Flourish.
___
Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Jeff,

Thanks.

We will post the ranges to make things clear.

As it stands now, green is within range and red is out of range (either too much or too little).

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Art,

I know Jeff mentioned it in his earlier post but adding the milliliter value back to the fleet pulldown would be great!

I know it was there before the last update because I verified my fleet dosing with it.

I've wanted to steer a few people with fleet's dosing questions over here but haven't since the ml value was missing.

Thanks for the great calculator and the great site also.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Art_Giacosa said:
As it stands now, green is within range and red is out of range.
Try adding a full teaspoon of mono basic phosphate to a 1 gallon tank - its still green at over 1000 ppm! Is this then considered within range? Perhaps it would be best to omit qualitative over/under factors and provide only black and white ppm results.
___
Jeff

·
Registered
176 Posts
This is a great calculator and you guys have done a great job.
I have to concur with the above that some clarifications need to be made in certain areas.
The PPM ranges. Over/under colors would be very helpful.
The estimation of 'true' gals. is good but needs further explanation.
Milliliter pull down for Fleets would be of enormous help.
Overall, more instruction on how to work it, would for many of us be of great help.

Keep working at it guys. You are on the right track.

Len

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
The new version removes the min/max values and the nominal/actual water volume box to avoid confusion. Thanks for your input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.