Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted everyone to know that we keep fish and plants in Utah as well. About to set up a 120 size tank for discus and plants, with CO2, ferts, amazonia and all the fun stuff. Thinking about either a Tek or ATI 8-bulb, I know, alot of light, but 1 or 2 could always be actinics. Already have a 75G planted as well as two little 24G nanos for saltwater, But now the discus bug has bitten me and we have a local dealer who has these, none of the LFS sell discus, but after seeing UtahDiscus, I now have to have them......thank you for allowing me to post here.........jeff:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Caught the discus bug about 5 yrs ago and havent been able to kick it. I have a 90 gallon high tech with 8 discus. My light of choice is tek light.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome,

If you haven't yet, be sure to check out NACU (Nature Aquarium Club of Utah, www.natureaquariumclubofutah.com. We have a discussion forum at www.utahaquatics.com

Tek lights are great. They're sleak and very efficient. You may want to check out metal halides too. www.fishneedit.com has great prices on metal halide fixtures, and they come highly recommended too. If i hadn't spent soo much money on my TEK fixture , i would've just gotten halides from them, especially since it looks like they have combo T5HO/MH fixtures.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Jeff.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Welcome to APC. I second the recommendation to check out the NACU group which is based in the SLC area. The group of guys there are great and will be able to help you with just about any questions or problems that you encounter. They also meet regularly to exchange ideas, plants, and to show of their efforts.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Welcome to APC :bounce: I to oneday would like to try my hand at a discus tank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I already know ERiC and Loren, even bought a used pump from Jackie..........jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Texgal, just got through with the 34 or so pages of your 125 set-up, must have been some fun, so I guess you advise against Amazonia II and just stick with the regualr Amazonia? How much of it did you use, as my tank will be a 120 but 48x24x24, I really like the different plants you use, are there are updated pics of this tank?........thanks everyone for the welcome...........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts