Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just stumbled upon this site and thought I would join.

I live in in Joshua Tree which is in the southern Mojave Desert in Southern California.

I grow cactus as a living and last year I got back into fish keeping, being a nurseryman and landscaper, I of course got into the idea of having aquascaped tanks with lots of plants.

Here is what I have right now...

55 US Gal. 48 X 15 X 18 in. deep AquaClear 300 Power Filter
2 Swordtails, 6 Zebra Danios, 21 Neon Tetras, 15 Black Neon Tetras, 6 Lamp Eye Tetras, 11 Rummy Nose Tetras, 9 Pristella or X-Ray Tetras, 6 Cories 2 Swartz - 4 Bronze, 3 Chinese Algae Eaters, 1 Yellow Apple Snail, 26 Ghost Shrimp, Lots of plants

20 US GAL. 24 X 12 X 16 in. deep Whisper 20 Power Filter
5 Black Neon Tetras, 14 White Cloud Minnows, 9 Harlequin Rasboras, 1 Chinese Algae Eater, 3 Cories, 5 Ghost Shrimp, Lots of plants

#1 10 US GAL. 20 X 10 X 12 in. deep Aqua-Tech 5-15 Power Filter
7 Glowlight Tetras, 7 Black Neon Tetras, 3 baby Albino Cories, 1 Albino or Golden Chinese Algae Eater,5 Ghost Shrimp, Lots of plants

#2 10 US GAL. 20 X 10 X 12 in. deep Aqua-Tech 5-15 Power Filter
10 Serpea Tetras, 5 Zebra Danios, 1 Chinese Algae Eater, 5 Ghost Shrimp, Lots of plants

#3 10 US GAL. 20 X 10 X 12 in. deep Unknown AquaClear Power Filter
12 Black Widow Tetras, 7 Head & Tail Light Tetras, 3 Cories, 5 Ghost Shrimp, Lots of Plants

And I just picked up another 20 Gal. tank yesterday

Hope to have a lot of fun here, and learn, and maybe pass along a little of what I have learned already.

As soon as I figure out where the Photo Gallery is I'll share some pics of my tanks.

Cheers, Cactusdoug

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys,

Thanx for the welcome

No co2... Yet.

On the 55 I have two 4 foot florescent lights.

On the 20 I have one 2 foot florescent.

On the 10's I have the double 15 watt incandescents that came with the tanks, but I'm looking to replace them with florescents as soon as I figure out how to do it.

The new 20 doesn't have anything yet.

CD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts