Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by Houston Aquarium Warehouse today and looks like Dan got some new stock for our planted tank.

Here’s the list.
celestial danio, threadfin rainbow, green neon tetra, asian rummy nose, dwarf neon rainbow, plenty of botia striata, harlequin rasbora, german blue rams, and of coarse wall of discus.

Kevin, the blue rams are calling for you. They look very nice man.

I really need to set my tanks up soon.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Just curious because I sell some of these fish online.. What are the prices, if you remember?

--Nikolay

·
Registered
469 Posts
Is their much difference between the botia strita and the Botia almorhae (yo yo loach)? Are they compatible with each other? Do they consume little snails better than the yo yo?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just curious because I sell some of these fish online.. What are the prices, if you remember?

--Nikolay
Nikolay,
I'm don't remember the prices but can find out for you.

Is their much difference between the botia strita and the Botia almorhae (yo yo loach)? Are they compatible with each other? Do they consume little snails better than the yo yo?
Glen,
According to the link below they are peaceful. But I'm no expert on them.

http://www.loaches.com/species-index/botia-almorhae

http://www.loaches.com/species-index/botia-striata

·
Registered
830 Posts
curses......my weakness german blue rams. How much, I hope Dan is at least half of what Fish Gallery prices are for these.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Dan, thanks for letting us know! You have the 'missing puzzle' which I need for my layouts, hehe! Especially the rams. Will definitely stop by later this week:p Or next if you are closed for Thanksgiving!

***UPDATE***Stopped by Dan's today and boy, people are still hoarding his place even during Thanksgiving^^ The place looks great with many tanks up and running. The two large tanks by the entrance house really cool fish from South America. He also has many cool new fish. The price is of course unbeatable! For pricing, please PM Mr.Dan himself. I think he also has websites up running.

Kevin, you better get those rams cus I already got some:p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Those rams are gorgeous.

I couldn't resist the rainbows though...

I have 4 species of rainbows in my planted tank and they make me so happy with their displays.

:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I also have Furcata Rainbows. Very nice.
I am normally not a rainbow fan, but these fish are incredible!

I can't wait until my tank settles down from the move. I've put a moratorium on any new fish until it's all settled (it's cycled now!), and then I was hoping to add a few interesting fish to the tank.

Do they need to be in schools?

Dan, would you mind sending me a PM with their price and the price of about 5-7 Botia striata? Thank you!

TNguyen, I did a lot of research on Botia striata, and they are my personal second best choice for a planted community tank with Chain Loaches being the first. Both stay small (chain loaches more so), are peaceful, prefer to hang out in schools, help with snail control, and are overall really fun fish.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Was just at Dan's and he has some cool new fish, including the blood red pencilfish Bush was looking for:) Couldn't help myself getting some; better get them while they last;)

There are also ruby tetras, many cool looking plecoes, and apistoes. More new fish to come later accoding to Dan.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hey Dan you got any more of the super tiny driftwood?

working on a 8" cube and need some tiny hardscape.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hahahahaha.... yeah it's for a little cube.

Problem is the cube is 8" square so I need some tiny tiny but branchy dw.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hahahahaha.... yeah it's for a little cube.

Problem is the cube is 8" square so I need some tiny tiny but branchy dw.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Thought to post some pix I took of my fish, some of which I got from Dan.....such as cardinal tetras, ruby tetras, and others. I will post pix of other fish as well in the future. BTW, Dan, the ruby tetras are coloring real nicely:D

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Here are some more pix:

Ruby tetras including lighter colored stragglers.

Ruby tetra.

Baby CRS...about 5mm long now.

Cardinals and rubies.

The ruby tetras are coloring up REALLY well! Dan did tell me there were some stragglers in the mix as can be seen from the lighter color tetras. But they also look kindda cool and very similar to the rubies. Maybe a subspecies??? Anyhow, that's all for now. Enjoy:D

And yes, Bush, I will try to hook u up once the CRS babies are bigger.

Rubies are very small fish, staying at or a little under 1 inch. They school very nicely, too!

·
Registered
640 Posts
The ruby tetras are coloring up REALLY well! Dan did tell me there were some stragglers in the mix as can be seen from the lighter color tetras. But they also look kindda cool and very similar to the rubies. Maybe a subspecies??? Anyhow, that's all for now. Enjoy:D

And yes, Bush, I will try to hook u up once the CRS babies are bigger.

Rubies are very small fish, staying at or a little under 1 inch. They school very nicely, too!
Thanks man I appreciate that. The lighter fish are also rubies Axelrodia riesei . They will lose the redness if the water is too hard for them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts