Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi Shauno,
Tortula Ruralis can grow submersed but Tricho don't can grow in water (Tortula Ruralis)
Cool pics yosko! That moss looks pretty sweet. How you did it take for you to notice growth??

The Tricho I received looks to be growing underwater. I'll take some pics and post.

Thanks,

Shauno

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not a great pics, but you can see what I am talking about: Tricho

Here's the fissidens

Some star moss... looking pretty good so far

·
Registered
8 Posts
How you did it take for you to notice growth??
Star moss moss grows easily.I fertilized with Excel Seachem and Trace Seachem one time per week(very small quantity)and change water one time a week.My tank is 10 liters(2,64 gal US).Now in my tank I have others plants
The Tricho I received looks to be growing underwater
I bought Tricho for my 25 liters tank(from AQmagic) but It died in two months...I hope you are luckier with this moss
In the picture there is my unfortunate tank with Tricho.

Rgs,
Paolo

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
bsmith782: I wouldnt mind taking some off of your hands...
You got it. I'll have plenty of extra - if it continues to grow as it has been.

yosko: My tank is 10 liters(2,64 gal US)
Very cool small aquarium! Nicely done.

yosko: This is a kind of Tricho that I taken in my garden
That looks to be the same moss for sure. Very nice. Have you tried it again?
Do you think that your small aquarium (greater fluctuations: temp, pH, etc, etc...) had anything to do with your moss loss?

Also, what is the very tiny grass that you have in your 10liter tank?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shauno:Very cool small aquarium! Nicely done.
Thanks!
Shauno:That looks to be the same moss for sure. Very nice. Have you tried it again?
Do you think that your small aquarium (greater fluctuations: temp, pH, etc, etc...) had anything to do with your moss loss?
Also, what is the very tiny grass that you have in your 10liter tank?
No,I didn't try it again
In 10 liter tank I grown a small portions of Tricho but it didn't grow.In 10 liter tank I had these values:
Temp.18 to 23°C in winter(without thermostat)23 to 27°C in summer
Ph 6.8/7
CO2 all day(24h/24)
GH 10
KH 5
NO2 not
NO3 2,5/5
I used aquaRO more Equilibrium and Alkaline buffer Seachem for partial change water
Fishes:4 Rasbora galaxy;4 shrimps Caridinia japonica
Tiny grass was Eleocharis Vivipara

I suggest you cut often the 'Star moss' because it becomes black(rotten) at the bottom(important:cut always on the green parts)

Rgs,
Paolo

·
Registered
926 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but this is the thread Aquaticmagic referred to me after I complain the Tricho I got from them.

I attached my "Tricho" picture. Could people who has experience with it tell me if I am getting the right plant? It does NOT look like Tricho at all in my eyes. It has some niddle leaves rather than a bit of flat round leaves.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.