Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this post Jeff Senkse says:

ADG will provide 2 "trimless" (new style) Oceanic tanks
Does this mean that Oceanic is going to offer a new line of trimless tanks?

If so, any time frame? Hints about sizes? Pricing?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Wow! You sound like a kid at the candy store. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Gomer said:
One thing I do like on the oceanic tanks is that they seem to build them better. Silicone is usually nicer and they tend to use nice thick glass. I don't mind paying for that. My oceanic 30g cube was pricey, but I am glad I got it :)
I'm with Gomer on this. I paid for that extra piece of mind. I got a bow tank, It seems (to me) that the glass is thicker and molding along the sides were better made. I really don't want to come home one day and see my 'tank' all over the floor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Funny thing, I have three Oceanic 30 gallon cubes, and they are all the same height.

Oceanic changed the construction of these probably sometime early in 2004, because the older 30 cubes are 21 1/4" tall, whereas the new ones are 20 5/8" tall.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Key to success...Be ALL about Customer Driven Innovation (CDI)!
That's a joke, is it? AGA/Oceanic, the same company, has completely failed to innovate in this market. Innovation with aquarium design comes from overseas. AGA/Oceanic is simply maintaining a stranglehold on the domestic US market and preventing innovation. That is a pity. They could have been way ahead of the curve, but they aren't. There has been demand for rimless aquariums for sometime now....

Andrew Cribb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts