Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved my aquatic clovers http://www.floridadriftwood.com/product.asp?3=850I ordered from floridadriftwood.com last saturday and now the leaves look like they are being burned? Is that supposed to happen with this plant when it's acclimatising? I am growing it submerged as compared to it being grown floating by the people at florida driftwood.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Marsilea quadrifolia they sell might be grown emersed. Hence it will take time to acclimatize; green is of course better. This plant is fairly durable. Separate the plants at the nodes and plant in soft substrate (helps to get rooted) and it should start moving in about 3 weeks.... if not before. Don't give up hope until it dies ;-)

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
345 Posts
Speak of the devil.. they just put in a walmart in my town (I'm from middle of nowhere, USA) and they have marsilea. I'm tempted to pick some up.
The marsilea they have in seems lanky, however, and I assume is still trnasitioning to submersed form since the current leaf morpology is tri or quadruple lobed. It's about 4-5 inches tall.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
As Pineapple mentioned the plant is most likely accumilating from emerged form to submerged form, which in the process the emerged leaves will die off (which may look burned) and new submerged leaves will grow in their place. Once the new leaves start to grow in and they look burned then there is another problem a mist. Give the plant a few weeks to adjust and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts