Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just rescaped my little tank. What do you think? It have to grow in of course and it looks a bit messy right know.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Very nice scape. However, the tree stump looks a bit unnatural with the water flow theme.

Can you share the specs please?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree. day and night from one to the other. The first one was a bit contrived, and artificial. The second makes the fish look like birds. I think that's the first thing I judge a 'terrestrial' scape on lol. If I could imagine that those fish are actually flying in the air above some stream flowing down the rocks, you've done a great job, and after the wood was removed, it achieved this. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for your comments!!:)

The specs are following:
Filter: Eheim 2211
Lightning: ADA solar mini
Plants: Weeping moss, Microsorum sp. "narrow", HC, staurogyne sp.
Substrate: Aquasoil amazonia, sand and gravel. (in the "stream")
Hardscape: Seiryu rocks.
Fish/inverts: White cloud mountain minnows, cherry shrimps

·
Registered
222 Posts
getting a background for it was a good idea. Those are some nice rocks you have. Might've looked better if you used finer sand?

you seem to have BBA? or what algae is that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
getting a background for it was a good idea. Those are some nice rocks you have. Might've looked better if you used finer sand?

you seem to have BBA? or what algae is that?
I had some BBA on the wood...

very impressive looks much larger then it really is
Thanks!

I´m considering what i should name the scape... Maybe just "Mountain stream"?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Looks good. Nice work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 'scape looks very nice. I really like the rock placement. However, the fish look very very out of place. They are pretty large relative to the scale of the 'scape. Plus the tank doesn't have a whole lot of swimming room.... I would have kept it invert only.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 'scape looks very nice. I really like the rock placement. However, the fish look very very out of place. They are pretty large relative to the scale of the 'scape. Plus the tank doesn't have a whole lot of swimming room.... I would have kept it invert only.
Yes, I know its a bit too small for them and they don´t fit the scape. I would like to have some boraras in the tank instead.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree, the 2nd layout is much better.

If I HAD give you a crit, I'd suggest trying to move the java fern to the right. That way you'd have:

Rock - Gap - Rock - Plant

Instead of:

Rock - Gap - Rock/Plant

[Shrugs]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree, the 2nd layout is much better.

If I HAD give you a crit, I'd suggest trying to move the java fern to the right. That way you'd have:

Rock - Gap - Rock - Plant

Instead of:

Rock - Gap - Rock/Plant

[Shrugs]
Thanks for you suggestion but, I don't think that would look so good because then the fern would'nt be a focal point anymore...

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
May I complement you on your very natural rock arrangement along the "stream". I particularly like the way the small rocks are arranged on the front.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts