Aquatic Plant Forum banner
201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
.... I feel left out! :(
At least you have people within a reasonable vicinity of you and live near places people may actually want to go!!! EC, WI is not one of those kinda places! I have to drive a minimum of an hour to get anywhere there are enough people to find a common interest with!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Hi Josh!

Well, the reason behind no pics for the last month or so has been due to the fact that my FX5 filter keeps cavitating; it seems as though it cannot handle chopping up my CO2, even though I have it on a very low bubbles/second rate. Hence, all the plants are just in a weird sort of stasis right now; they are slowly growing, with the bottoms halves getting covered in GSA or clado. I just do not take pics when the tank is not living up to expectations.

The great news is that Orlando has helped me in an immense fashion. He has shipped a nice needle wheel pump with a Venturi CO2 connection in it, and I have some very nice inflows/outflows coming this week as well. The outflow will be a spray bar, and should distribute my CO2 "mist" quite nicely.

I will be home for a few weeks in a row beginning this Wednesday evening; I will have to do a massive replanting and algae treatment after assembly of the pump system. If this CO2 system is even half as good as I think it will be, I should be able to show pics in about two week's time.

Otherwise, I have been under constant travel and it has proven to be difficult to keep a step ahead of the problems that have been plaguing me over the past six weeks. But, I think I should be all set now! Watching this tank slowly rotting away has been the bane of my existance lately, but I am very close to a resolution to these issues.

A HUGE THANKS TO TEXGAL AND TO ORLANDO FOR ALL OF THEIR HELP AND PATIENCE LAST WEEK!!!!!!! Without Tex referring me to Orlando, and without Orlando's extreme amount of patience in holding my hand and constantly having to explain what I needed to buy and how to set the system up this tank would be in serious jeapardy! Luckily for me, this is where my extreme weaknesses in learning the mechanics of a permenant resolution become embarassingly obvious, and I can count on my fellow hobbyists and friends to lend me a hand.

So, to TexGal and Orlando: THANK YOU BOTH!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
So glad to hear that you came up with a solution! I'm really anxious to find out how it will work for you. If anyone can help you work it out, I know Orlando can do it! His systems are so tempting!!!

Can't wait to see your tank just take off!

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Don, hopefully once you have this new system set up, you can do a thread on it explaining and showing the rest of us exactly what it is you did. I'd love to know exactly what it is you're setting up. :)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
I will explain further.....I set it up today, in fact! But, I've been in the ER twice this week for my back, so allow me to recover for a few more days from my diagnoses "sprained lumbar" and "sciatica." When I am not in pain, I am looking at Life as one of those cartoon-videos by the Beatles. Thank you, Percocet!!!! :hail: :D

I will try to trim the tank this weekend in stages. Since I'll be home, I will take some pics of the set up and do some explaining.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
So sorry you are sick. At least that will give you time to lay there and look at your tank and ruminate about where to move what...

Looking forward to hearing about the new equipment. My two new Eheim 2217's just aren't cutting it for my 125g. I'm looking for what I should get to replace them and how to do it. Just when you think you have it all figured out - you don't!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Hi TexGal!

Thank you for your "well-wishing"! Unfortunately, the back is still giving me a lot of grief! It is slowly improving, but still incredibly sore! I have started to go to a Neuromuscular therapist. It has helped a bit, but again, the stiffness just seems to be hanging around. My X-Rays were "negative" for anything super-serious, like a crushed vertabrae, slipped disk, etc., so it will just take time for it to heal.

As a result, I have been able to do water changes and a trim to one side of the tank, but since it hurts to lean, I have not been able to do much in the way of a ton of pruning. Algae is rampant, but not irreversible. It just doesn't look great, and will need a lot of attention when I am able to give it.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
So glad to hear it's nothing super serious. Sounds like you really had some muscle spasms or something.

As for your tank, just introduce it to Super Excel Man and I'm sure he will keep things in check until you are better. You know all the drills. First and foremost obey your doctor and get better! :D

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Hey, Don! It's good to hear it's not super serious. I have back spasms once in a while from a compressed vertabrae (some childhood fall or something) and it usually lasts for a couple or three weeks. (Actually, I think most of my problem now is that I've gotten WAAYYY out of shape. )

Anyway, I hope you get well soon.

-Dave

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow, incredible tank. I would be curious to see a pic if it is still set up.

201 - 216 of 216 Posts