Aquatic Plant Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks Drinda and Chris. My father in law built it, and my wife help with the paint.
The light fixture is a grow light 8 bulbs t5ho, it came with 6,500 K bulbs, but I may add a couple of 10,000 and 12,000k. Paid $120 for the fixture with the bulbs (eBay hydroponic ).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Alex,

How is your shrimp tank doing that was setup at the September meeting? That was the last meeting I was able to attend before moving, and it was a great meeting.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The tank is doing good! Plant grow is slow, but shrimps are happy and breeding. Just got a string algae problem solved! Thanks Pam for the snails, they are very active! They will go for the algae!, Michael, they haven't eat my plants yet, but lets see now with barely any algae left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks guys!

The pink shrimps are golden bees, not sure if the pink color is a mutation or a cross with crystal red.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Still have to figure out my camera, close up pics are not that great (will try to have the ISO in auto next time)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Great looking shrimp and tank. The snails look good also. Interesting to know they eat algae. I suspect they are the ones eating very small holes in my anubias but I am not for sure. I put them in all of my shrimp tanks also after you told me they eat planaria. If they are nibbling on the plants in there I haven't been able to tell.

·
Registered
304 Posts
21 - 36 of 36 Posts